The Suomusjärvi Local History Museum operates in the parish granary built in 1861. The museum mainly displays handicraft, agricultural and household objects from the 1800s and early 1900s.
There are also church items and findings from the Stone Age as well as domestic tobacco and austerity-era shoes. In total, there are more than 800 items.
The granary was owned by the parish when the municipality of Suomusjärvi decided to buy it. The building’s grain bins were dismantled, and the museum was opened in 1974.